Full course description
About this course
Want to take charge of your career path? In a globalised world with constant change and technological advancement, entrepreneurial skills are absolutely vital. These skills are crucial whether you want to start a business yourself, be innovative within a company, create social change, or to help you better define any pathway you may pursue. UTS has created this course to help you start your entrepreneurial journey and understand the foundational information you need to start developing these vital skills. We’ve brought together UTS entrepreneurship experts to give you their insights on what it actually is, and their take on some of the buzz words that you might hear. In this taster you’ll learn about key entrepreneurial terms, explore examples of entrepreneurship locally and globally, and start to recognise how much value it can bring both socially and economically. You’ll also be inspired to start your own entrepreneurial journey, through support and opportunities with the UTS community and via the entrepreneurial ecosystem in your city.
- What is entrepreneurship?
- What is a startup?
- Why is entrepreneurship important?
- What does entrepreneurship look like in Australia?
- Finding an entrepreneurship community
- Where to learn more about entrepreneurship
Why you should do this course
- Develop an understanding of the key terms associated with entrepreneurship
- Learn how to find and connect with your entrepreneurship community
- Get the key information you need to start an entrepreneurship related subject or degree
- Equip yourself with the foundational knowledge that will help you on your entrepreneurial journey
- Gain insights from UTS’s Masters of Business Administration in Entrepreneurship, Diploma and Grad Cert of Innovation, Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation and Bachelor of Technology and Innovation