Full course description
About this course
The Internet of Things (IoT) has become a bit of a buzzword in recent years, but what’s it all really about? In this course, developed by UTS Industry Professor Emmanuel Mastio and CEO of the Internet of Things Alliance Australia Frank Zeichner, we take you behind the hype to show you the technology behind the IoT and the conditions that make for useful IoT applications.
Learn about sensors and actuators, the building blocks of the IoT, as well as the technological and historical conditions that have led to the expansion of the IoT. What will be the next IoT breakthrough? Where will it happen? After working through this course, you’ll be better prepared to answer these questions.
You will get to see existing examples of the IoT in action and develop a framework for seeing the world through an IoTreadiness lens, which will help you and your organisation better prepare for an IoT future.
- Introducing the Internet of Things
- What enables the Internet of Things
- Technical context and perspectives
- Adoption and implementation
- Realising the potential of the Internet of Things
Why you should do this course
- Learn how to define and explain the what the Internet of Things is all about
- Develop a framework for solving business problems through the use of technology
- Hear from authorities in the field to see where the trends are heading
- Explore cases and examples where the Internet of Things has been applied for sustainable communities
- Get a taste of what it might be like to study at UTS at postgraduate level